[Dune] first release candidate for 2.6 release

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger foss at grueninger.de
Tue Jan 2 01:22:50 CET 2018

Dear Andreas and Martin,

thanks for sharing the progress with Dune 2.6. I gave it a try with
Clang 5 and CMake 3.10.

* I successfully compiled the core modules and their tests.
* I successfully compiled some more modules and their tests: alugrid,
uggrid, typetree, functions
* I tested DuMuX 3.0 alpha and the failures are related to DuMuX.

Overall, I am positive. What should be addressed:

* dune-grid's mcmgmapper test could work around the deprecation warnings
* dune-functions requires CMake 2.8.12. Dune common 2.6 will require
CMake 3.1. Thus, when CMake is executed for dune-funtions, all policies
are set for 2.8.12. This leads to a warning and might lead to sublte
bugs. I propose to bumb the required CMake version to 3.1 as well.
Similar for dune-uggrid, dune-alugrid, DuMux, and probably for several
modules more. I proposed such a change for dune-uggrid as !90, but it
has been disputed.
* Unfortunately this is also true for some core modules like dune-grid.
This should be fixed.

Bye
Christoph