[Dune] installation fails - version mismatch dune-grid >= 2.5 required

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Sat Mar 24 00:11:55 CET 2018

Hi Susanne,
I don't know about the scripts you used, but I can answer the Dune
questions.

> After installing some missing bits and pieces (autoconf, automake,
> libtool, byacc, flex) I think that I am getting pretty far, until I hit:

Just a personal advice, use CMake instead of the Autotools build system.
In more recent versions you have to switch any. If it works for you now,
you may stick to it until you resolved your actual issues.

> "ERROR: version mismatch.
>
> dune-alugrid requires dune-grid >= 2.5,
>
> but only dune-grid = 2.4.2 is available.

Your dune-alugrid version it too new, it already requires a more recent
version of dune-grid. If you don't need Alugrid, simply delete the
dune-alugrid folder completely, reconfigure all other modules and the
problem should be gone. If you need Alugrid, switch this module to
"releases/2.5" branch, which is compatible to dune-grid 2.4.

> The file  ./buildmodules.sh in my-dune-dir is missing, so I cannot
> proceed from here, even if I thought that I could dispense of
> dune-alugrid and that the rest was in place.

You can call dunecontrol manually.

Bye
Christoph

--
Unfortunately, plots are notoriously hard to get right. Partly, the
default settings of programs like gnuplot or Excel are to blame for