[Dune] installation fails - now dune-alugrid Out of memory, malloc failed

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger foss at grueninger.de
Sun Mar 25 22:59:51 CEST 2018

Hi Susanne,
you should learn the tools around Dune. Relying on the script that
provided everything for a course won't scale for real work.

If you want to stick to your script, find the line where it clones
dune-alugrid. Either comment this line or add "-b releases/2.5" to it,
to force the checkout of the right branch.
I assume back then when you attended the course, dune-alugrid's master
branch was still compatible with Dune 2.4. This has changed in the meantime.

Learning our build-system will be beneficial in the long. Check
https://dune-project.org/doc/tutorials/ especially "how to get started"
and the "installation notes. They explain where to find dunecontrol
(within dune-common/bin/) and how to use it.
If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

Bye
Christoph

--
Unfortunately, plots are notoriously hard to get right. Partly, the
default settings of programs like gnuplot or Excel are to blame for