[Dune] https for lists.dune-project.org

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Mar 29 18:21:08 CEST 2018

Hi!

The web-interface of lists.dune-project.org is now available via https.
Please test, and report any issues you find.

If testing goes well, I may put an automatic redirect from http:// to https://
in place in about one week (2018-04-06).  This means that urls for list
archive entries will change, although users should be redirected.  Please
discuss if you have objections.

Please note also that the list server has an alternate command interface
reachable via email without encryption, which you can still use for instance
to request a copy of your password.  So enabling SSL is mostly only benefits
the visibility of the archive in search engines, and users of browsers with
blanket warnings for non-ssl sites.  Do not reuse your lists.dune-project.org
passwords on any other site.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
-- Ozzy Osbourne