[Dune] How to change vertex numbering order?

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 20 13:22:31 CEST 2019

Hi Ranjeet,

Am 20.08.19 um 12:50 schrieb Ranjeet Singh:
> Hi Jö,
> Thank you for your reply.  I am just learning FEM. The book I am following
> uses cyclic numbering for the quadrilateral elements. So I thought if any
> way I can get cyclic numbering then I can easily verify the element
> stiffness matrix with book examples.  Also, I spent hours to figure out the
> quadrature domain is not -1 to 1.   It will be very helpful if you could
> recommend me some FEM book has lot of problem examples and follows the dune
> convention such as vertex numbering, quadrature domain.
I'm not aware of any book using precisely our numbering scheme.
But it's nicely documented here in doxygen:

  https://dune-project.org/doxygen/master/group__GeometryReferenceElements.html#details

Notice that the rows and columns of the element matrix
would just be permuted accordingly if for a different
vertex numbering.

Best,
Carsten