[Dune] Dune dual mesh

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Tue Aug 27 23:49:35 CEST 2019

Hello Bartosz,
as far as I know, there is no code available to generate a dual mesh.

There is some staggered grid code inside DuMuX, which does calculations
on a virtual dual mesh which is calculated on the fly within the local
operator. Not sure, whether this would be an idea regarding your problem.

Have you tried to find or write some preprocessing code which does the
calculation for you? It shouldn't be too hard to have some Python code
generating you a dual mesh.

Bye
Christoph

Am 27.08.19 um 15:01 schrieb Bartosz:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Bartosz Bartmanski and I am a PhD student at University of
> Oxford.
>
> I'm working on stochastic simulations of reaction-diffusion systems and
> I'm trying to use Dune to get a discretisation of the Laplacian operator
> for any given mesh. However, my simulations require the Laplacian to be
> derived from the centers of the given mesh and so I was wondering there
> is a way to process a given Gmsh generated mesh to a dual mesh.
>
> Thank you for any help!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bartosz Bartmanski

Nous vivons une époque où les pizzas arrivent plus vite que la police.
[Claude Chabrol]