[Dune] Dune dual mesh

Gregor Corbin corbin at mathematik.uni-kl.de
Wed Aug 28 09:26:35 CEST 2019

Hi Bartosz,

I also had to deal with dual meshes in my application, but in the
reverse situation, that is, I put dual cell averages on the primal
vertices. For this i precompute a virtual dual mesh with all the info i
need.

The downside of this approach is that it requires to abuse local
operators and grid function spaces quite a lot(in PDELab), which makes
the code very unintuitive; for example fluxes over dual faces have to be
accumulated in a primal volume integral.

I think Christoph's recommendation of a preprocessing step may be the
cleaner way to go. Nevertheless, if you are interested I can send you
the code (which is only implemented for tensor-product grids).

Cheers,

Gregor