[Dune] Help requested for my first test case in non linear mechanics

HELFER Thomas 202608 thomas.helfer at cea.fr
Thu Apr 16 09:39:24 CEST 2020

Hi Oliver,

thanks for this feedback. I will compare my stiffness matrix to the one get with another code,
that probably the best way to go. But I felt rather confident...

But it does seems like something nasty is happening in my code.

Something is itching me about the linear solver: the defect becomes very high but the solver
converges to the given criterion (a reduction to 1.e-5). However, my Dirichlet boundary
conditions are not met.

So either my handling of the Dirichlet boundaryd condtions is wrong, or my usage of the linear solver is
(or both).

Is there an example of how to replace the linear solver by a direct solver ?

Regards,

Thomas