[Dune] DUNE advection w/ periodic BC w/ RK4 ?

René Heß rene.hk-edv at gmx.de
Mon Dec 7 10:01:08 CET 2020

Hi,

if you are looking for examples of PDELab code with periodic boundary
conditions, we have tests that use the concept Peter described
below. You can find them here:

dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/test/testpoisson-peoriodic.hh
dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/test/testheat-instationary-periodic.hh

The heat equation test uses periodic boundary conditions in both
directions on a 2D grid. The poisson equation tests cover 2d and 3d.

Note: The parallel setting means that these tests must be run in
parallel with an overlapping grid, so you should call them like this:

mpirun -np 4 testheat-instationary-periodic

Note: I didn't use periodic boundary conditions for quite some time but
I know that I ran a (slightly more complicated) Stokes problem some time
ago and could reproduce the known analytical solution.

Best regards,
René