[Dune] Install Dune on Mac Catalina

Peter Bastian Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Oct 2 09:22:59 CEST 2020

Hi Oswald,

sorry for being so short yesterday! So here in more detail ...

I apologize that you found this outdated webpage with the link to the
installer
for release 2.4. I will update it as soon as possible.

As I wrote yesterday, there are updated installer scripts in the git module
http://conan2.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/git/peter/dune-installer.git
but they install Dune core modules
with pdelab and other external libraries (such as fftw3 and hdf5) needed
in my lectures
(that is what I use them for). That may not be what you want because you are
interested only in installing the core modules (or dune-fem in addition).
I will try to provide an updated installer for the core modules as soon
as possible.
If you can't wait you might use the pdelab installer as a starting point
and modify it for your own needs.
Otherwise, it would be better to start with Olivers Introduction
http://www.math.tu-dresden.de/~osander/research/sander-getting-started-with-dune.pdf
using release 2.7.

Best regards,

Peter