[Dune] dune 2.6 - 2.7 compatibility

Giraud, Mona m.giraud at fz-juelich.de
Thu Feb 4 17:15:59 CET 2021

Dear Dune developers,

I am a student working with Dune, Dumux and CPlantBox.

CPlantBox is compatible with  Dumux-3.0 and Dune-2.6.

However, it also uses the the module dune-grid-glue. This module has no 2.6 release so the 2.7 release is used instead.

dune-grid-glue-2.7 requires the file "dune-common/dune/common/parallel/mpicommunication.hh"

It is not availale in dune-common-2.6:

"https://dune-project.org/releases/2.7.1/
Deprecated header dune/common/parallel/collectivecommunication.hh which will be removed after Dune 2.7.
Use dune/common/parallel/communication.hh instead!
Deprecated header dune/common/parallel/mpicollectivecommunication.hh which will be removed after Dune 2.7.
Use dune/common/parallel/mpicommunication.hh instead!"

I therefore copied the mpicollectivecommunication.hh file and renamed the copy mpicommunication.hh.
I ran some examples and everything seems to be working ok but, according to your knowledge of dune and dune-grid-glue, do you think this ad-hoc solution could create some issues that I have not detected?

In case it might be useful, you will find attached the code used to install and compile the modules (adapted from the bin_installdumux.py file written by the dumux development team).

Thank you for your help.
Best,
Mona Giraud

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt