[Dune] dune 2.6 - 2.7 compatibility

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Mon Feb 8 23:19:20 CET 2021

Hello Mona,
which CPlantBox are you referring to? I found a project with root
growth, but it seems to be unrelated to Dune or DuMux. So no visible
dependency as far as I can see.

Is there a reason you cannot use Dune 2.7? According to DuMuX
compatibility matrix [1], DuMuX 3.0 works with Dune 2.7.
Further, in most cases code written for a Dune version x.y can be
compiled with Dune version x.(y+1) with a couple of deprecation warnings.

Your approach should work, too. But it might be better to try a commit
from the Git repository of dune-grid-glue, that might just work with
Dune 2.6 without being an actual release. There are not many commits
within the last two years. I'd start with 86408114 just from reading the
commit messages. Might be, that there is no commit that works smoothly
with Dune 2.6, though.

Bye
Christoph

[1]
https://dumux.org/installation/#compatible-versions-of-dune-and-hahahugoshortcode-s11-hbhb

--
Als wär es nix, leb' ich von [IT] und mach' nur, was ich lieb'
Lebe wie im Paradies, womit hab' ich das verdient?