[Dune] GMPField use

Simon Praetorius simon.praetorius at tu-dresden.de
Wed Jun 9 10:33:40 CEST 2021

Hi Kirill,

GMPField can essentially be used like any other floating-point type.
But, not all utility functions, like `std::numeric_limits<GMPField>`,
are completely available. Also some mathematical functions might not be
implemented for GMPField. It is mainly used in some tests for accuracy
of the implementation of some functionality.

I have (long time ago) implemented a replacement of GMP with mpfr that
has a slightly more complete set of operations and utilities and is
still maintained. I used it (to some extend) as field type in a
finite-element assembling in combination with iterative solvers.

What do you mean be `str()` function? What should this return? Is it
supposed to be a member function? or free function? Why do you expect a
floating-point type to have such a function?

Best regards,
Simon

Am 08.06.21 um 09:39 schrieb Kirill Volyanskiy:
> Hello,
> Is there any guide on using the GMPField? I've tried to use it but got
> many errors in some modules like absence of str() function etc.
>
> Best regards,
> Kirill

Dr. Simon Praetorius
Technische Universität Dresden