[Dune] there used to be a method 'asImpl(...)' or similar, how to adapt this for modern times ?

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Aug 5 08:40:10 CEST 2022

Dear Benedikt,

first of all sorry for the delay in approving your email.

Am Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 05:47:33PM +0200 schrieb Benedikt Oswald:
> Dear Dune,
>
> there used to be a method 'asImpl(...) or similar in the grid api. I am in
> the process of revising
> dune-curvilineargrid so that it compiles with the latest dune version.

The asImpl() was never a method in the API, but it was a detail for
the facade class.

Also I'm not aware of any significant changes at that part. The best
way to get uptodate with the changes is to look at the Changelog of
dune-grid. This describes changes in the interface as well as changes
in specific implementations.

Also the test suite should give you good hints on what to fix.

> I do appreciate a hint on how I should adapt this for modern times.

At which interface version are you starting?

Best
Christian