[Dune] there used to be a method 'asImpl(...)' or similar, how to adapt this for modern times ?

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Sat Aug 6 10:02:16 CEST 2022

Hi Benedikt,

I don't remember asImpl() to be part of the grid interface. I checked
the changelog, our code base (grepping dune-grid), and our code base's
history (`git log -S asImpl`) and only
dune/grid/albertagrid/projection.hh
contains asImpl.

Similar names I remember:
- Grid has asImp()
- GridView has impl()
- Entity and Intersecation have impl()

If you rememeber which grid implementation you were following (ALUGrid,
foam-grid, multidomain-grid, ...), you might check their history what
they did.

Bye
Christoph

Am 06.07.22 um 17:47 schrieb Benedikt Oswald:
> Dear Dune,
>
> there used to be a method 'asImpl(...) or similar in the grid api. I am
> in the process of revising
> dune-curvilineargrid so that it compiles with the latest dune version.
>
> I do appreciate a hint on how I should adapt this for modern times.
>
> thanks a lot & greetings, Benedikt

> Dr. sc. techn. Benedikt Oswald - founder, cto - LSPR AG - phone +41 43
> 366 90 74 - mobile +41 76 380 91 33 - benedikt.oswald at lspr.swiss-
> www.lspr.swiss- labor vincit omnia improbus

L'enjeu est de bâtir la France de nos enfants,
pas de ressasser la France de notre enfance.
                        [Emmanuel Macron, 2022]