[Dune-devel] cmake: dune-*-config.cmake.in in ./ and cmake/pkg/

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Dec 20 11:06:21 CET 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:31:02AM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while looking at the cmake build system, I noticed there are two copies
> of dune-*-config.cmake.in: one in the root and another in cmake/pkg/.
> Removing either of them causes an error:
>
> ----
> CMake Error: File [...]/src/dune-solvers/dune-solvers-config.cmake.in
> does not exist.
> CMake Error at [...]/install/share/cmake/modules/DuneMacros.cmake:576
> (configure_file):
> ----
>
> Shouldn't there only be one copy?

No, we need two. One is for the installed version of the package, the
other one is to make it possible to work with just the source of the
package lying e.g. in your home.

> They also look qute generic to me. Is there a reason every package has
> to ship them? Or couldn't the build system fall back to a generic
> version if none is included in the module?

they are just as generic as the pkgconfig files that every module has
to to ship. Maybe the can be generated generically, we never
investigated this. Feel free to provide a patch if you find a
solution.

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658