[Dune-devel] Google Sommer of Code 2014

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Feb 6 14:36:16 CET 2014

Hi,
I propose a slight change with respect to our mentoring. We stick to two
mentors per project/student but split their responsibilities in a
different way.
One mentor has vast knowledge about the topic and is responsible for the
direction of the project and the tricky questions.
The second mentor assist with the easy questions like installing Dune,
how to interact with the community, but he is also superintending the
overall progress. He has to remind the student to push his code to a
repository, keep an eye on the student's commits, warns her/him if the
amount of work is not sufficient.
Actually this is not my idea, but I heard from this way of mentoring
from an other open source project participating at GSoC 2013.

The advantage is, that people can be co-mentors even if they don't know
the topic but plain Dune.

The Wiki page
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/gsoc2014/wiki
is not linked from the main page. Can someone please alter the main
wiki's link to last year's GSoC page to the current page? Additionally I
wish that more people are granted edit rights to the wiki page.
Otherwise nobody will any new ideas or co-mentorships.

Looking forward to GSoC 2014,

Une science n'était vraiment développée que quand elle
pouvait utiliser les mathématiques.    (Paul Lafargue)
CMWR 2014: 10th - 13th June 2014 in Stuttgart
         Please visit www.cmwr14.de