[Dune-devel] [SOCIS2015] junior jobs, METIS issue

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Mar 23 17:01:21 CET 2015

Hi Emmanouil,
your patch look good. Thank you.
I'll test it and merge it somewhere the next days. I will edit your
commit message to include the additional information you gave us in your
email and merge your commits to one single commit.

> METIS_PartGraphRecursive is not called elsewhere in the code. What is
> left to completely fix the existing issue with METIS 5.x.x? Also I just
> compiled my patch, I am not sure how else I can test my code for the moment.

When you use our tests with "make test" (or "make check" for Autotools)
and they pass, that's all we require.
If you want, you can build UG and PDELab in parallel and give that a
try. With the right solver the METIS code paths are used.

People who are more than casually interested in computers should have
at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise
the programs they write will be pretty weird.         -- Donald Knuth