[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Junior job for the (old) p4estgrid project

Michaël Sghaïer sghaier.michael at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 03:45:35 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

I finally put my junior job on the GitLab [1].

Regarding the review of my first patch by Christoph, I added the
test-p4estgrid test based on gridcheck.hh (it's just test-identitygrid.cc
with the occurences of identitygrid replaced by p4estgrid) and modified the
CMakeLists.txt to build the test and use it with ctest.

Afterwards, I just build the project with dunecontrol
("./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --only=dune-p4estgrid all") and run
"./p4est-grid/build-cmake/ctest". Everything seems ok!

I also saw there has been some changes on the project 2, this is quite
unexpected...

I think it will be now more difficult to make a good proposal with a
correct granularity for the milestones but I am going to take my chance
anyway. However, I read again the page on the project ideas and I just
realized I might be also interested in the project 4 (python bindings for
the DUNE grid interface).

I am going to do some readings about the codebase of these two projects and
probably begin to work on my proposals.

Tell me if it's ok or if you want to see me work on other junior jobs.

Best,
Michaël

[1] https://gitlab.dune-project.org/michael.sghaier/dune-p4estgrid