[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Junior job for the (old) p4estgrid project

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Mar 12 09:45:01 CET 2016

Hi Michaël,
I'll have a closer look later this weekend.

> I also saw there has been some changes on the project 2,
> this is quite unexpected...

I'm sorry about that, Oliver and I were caught by surprise,
too. On the other hand, you get some working code and can
achieve more.

> I think it will be now more difficult to make a good
> proposal with a correct granularity for the milestones
> but I am going to take my chance anyway.

Sure. And keep in mind, we know the circumstances and
consider them in our evaluation. We don't blame you for
such changes.

> However, I read again the page on the project ideas
> and I just realized I might be also interested in the
> project 4 (python bindings for the DUNE grid interface).

Great! Please consider applying for both projects.

> Tell me if it's ok or if you want to see me work on other
> junior jobs.

It's ok. I don't expect another junior job from. There might
be now or within the next days junior jobs, that will help
you to get you in touch with the code base. It might be worth
looking at them or including them in your work plan. But
that's
up to you and how you feel comfortable.

Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis
sont des étrangers. Mais ces étrangers là ne sont pas de chez
nous!
[Agecanonix, Astérix - Le cadeau de César]