[Dune-devel] [GSoC 2016]

Andreas Dedner a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 19:48:56 CET 2016

Hi Christian.
We are aware of that project and agree that it has a lot of advantages
over boost python - while at the same time having a very similar
structure. We decided against it for the time being because it is a very
new project (not even a year old looking at the git repo) and we wanted
to wait to see if it remains actively maintained. You seem to have more
information on this? And where did you hear that boost python is not
being maintained or actively developed?
So while I think pybind11 looks like a great project we went with boost
python for our first attempt since there is more documentation and help
online and because we thought it would be 'safer' for now. But if you
have other information that would be great to hear.
Thanks,
Andreas