[Dune-devel] GitLab Registry Relocation

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Wed Nov 30 23:29:23 CET 2022

On Wed, 2022-11-30 at 16:47 +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
> I just clicked on the link
>
>    https://registry.dune-project.org/docker/ci/ubuntu:20.04
>
> on the page
>
>    https://dune-project.org/doc/installation/installation-buildsrc/
>
> and got an "nginx error".
>
> Is that fallout from the registry relocation?  What is the new link?

I would guess they never worked. One can run

  `podman pull registry.dune-project.org/docker/ci/ubuntu:20.04`

(or `docker pull ...`), but this doesn't include the leading https://.
I don't think the registry offers HTML pages for browsers, but only an
API for consumption with the Docker and Podman clients.

Gitlab has pages where one can see what container images exists: for
example https://gitlab.dune-project.org/docker/ci/container_registry or
https://gitlab.dune-project.org/docker/ci/container_registry/45

The documentation should just say `docker pull registry.dune-
project.org/docker/ci/ubuntu:20.04` instead of the link or link to the
pages above (but in the context above just `docker pull ...` for a
specific image is probably better than directing users to a long list).

Ansgar