[dune-fem] Fwd: Re: VTK output, data prefix and such

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Jul 2 22:37:29 CEST 2013

Everything happens in
dune-fem-git/dune/fem/io/file/dataoutput.hh : 800
The filename used is the one returned by the writeVTKOutput().
The problem now is this filename is generated by the VTKWritter in dune-grid
called in dune/fem/io/file/vtkio.hh : 321.
In this dune-grid part the s*-p* is added which you need but the returned string contains
the path + s*-p* + prefix. So you would have to take that returned string and subtract the path
again (since we can not change the behaviour in dune-grid - that would be quite a significant
change...), I'm fine with anything in this respect - would perhaps keep the series files so that
here the full path name is available for postprocessing but from my point of view any change in
the pvd file is fine.
Best
Andreas