[dune-fem] General interpolation routines?

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jun 26 09:41:58 CEST 2013

Hi Claus, hi Tobi,

the natural interpolation of the discrete function space is a relatively new
concept to dune-fem. It is called Dune::Fem::Interpolation (include
<dune/fem/space/common/interpolation.hh>) and uses the method interpolate on
the discrete function space (which must be available for this to work). Please
note that this concept is still under development.

Of course, the LagrangeInterpolation and DGL2Projection are now outdated. A
generic L2Projection should be implemented in dune-fem and specialized for
spaces (e.g. DG Spaces) that use an L2Projection as their natural
interpolation. But, alas, there is no generic implementation of the
L2Projection as of today.

Best,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5630
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany