[dune-fem] Interpolation of discrete function over a different grid

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 7 14:18:05 CEST 2015

Hi Marco,

have a look at 'dune/fem/space/common/interpolate.hh'. It does exactly the
same for Lagrange functions.

As the grids differ, you evaluate df1 in global coordinates. Please note that
in general every evaluation requires a grid traversal due to the
HierarchicSearch used internally. If grid2 is SPGrid, you may safely use this
approach, because SPGrid specializes the HierarchicSearch utility in an
efficient manner.

Depending on your problem, you might want to invest additional development
time at this point.

Best,

Martin