[dune-functions] [Dune-functions-commit] [Commit] dune-functions - e7abafb: Add protocol for Aachen meeting

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 26 10:27:31 CET 2014

Hi Christian,
this is a little surprising to me since we already discussed this
and decided differently. Unfortunately removing the 'is consecutive'
guarantee makes the whole multi index concept useless. Without this
guarantee the multi index is just some unique id equally usefull
than a hash.

If you (in contrast to what we discussed) really need non-consecutive
indices it would be nice if you could give a short explanation and
come up with some replacement. Otherwise the only thing you can
do based on the interface is looping over all dofs and put them into
some (unordered)map<MultiIndex,SomeUsefullIndex>.

Best,
Carsten

--
Prof. Dr. Carsten Gräser