[dune-pdelab] LocalOperatorInterface: document new types of x and r

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Dec 2 15:34:15 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 01.12.2011 16:32, schrieb Steffen Müthing:
> Also, thanks for the patch. Unfortunately, it replaces the promise of being passed a
> std::vector with different promises (about LocalVector / WeightedVectorAccumulationView).
> In fact, we explicitly do not want to make any promises regarding the type of the container,
> we only guarantee that it provides a certain interface ( access with operator() in the case
> of x and residual accumulation with accumulate() in the case of r, along with some basic
> information like size() ).
>
> We should probably write up some interface classes for documentation purposes. But the
> important part is: Don't make any assumptions about the type of x and r, just leave them
> open as template parameters.

They are template parameters in my code, I was just wondering what
operator() and accumulate() do as I did not use them before.  Then the
documentation just confused me as std::vector certainly does not have them.

Documenting the interface would certainly work, but referring to the
current types should at least be a small improvement over the current
state ;)

Regards,
Ansgar