[dune-pdelab] bug/problem in set_trivial_row function routine(dune-pdelab)

Felix Heimann felix.heimann at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jan 14 16:46:35 CET 2011

Dear Nagaiah,

I am not sure, what exactly you mean by "more than one solution
component". If you refer to e.g. a vector valued solution, then this
should be represented by e.g. a PowerGridFunctionSpace. In such a case,
the set_trivial_row() function will work correctly as long as the
indices in the constraints container are consistent to the indices of
the grid function space (this should be guaranteed if you set up the
container with the Dune::PDELab::constraints(..) function).

However, this functionality is the same for all trivially constrained
dofs, independent of whether they result from a ghost cell in a domain
decomposed non-overlapping application or a Dirichlet boundary in a
standard application. Hence, I do not see the connection to the specific
grid i.e. application and may not have grasped your problem. May be you
can clarify...

Best Regards,
Felix Heimann