[dune-pdelab] Two problems with installation of pdelab-howto

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Nov 2 18:41:29 CET 2011

Hi Andrea,

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 05:33:33PM +0000, Sacconi, Andrea wrote:
> Dear Christian,
>
> thanks for your help.
> I followed your suggestion about re-installing the core modules, and new problems have arisen !!!
>
> I downloaded again the six core modules, I put them in the same folder and then typed
>
>   ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol all
>
> as per instructions. All works well for dune-common, dune-grid and dune-istl, but the process fails with dune-grid-howto.
>
> make[2]: *** [adaptivefinitevolume-adaptivefinitevolume.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> --- Failed to build dune-grid-howto ---

Congratulations. This means the three core modules did compile. There
might be a problem with adaptivefinitevolume though (might even be a
bug on our side). It would help a lot if you would provide the error
message of the compiler (the output before the one that you posted.).

You can recreate it by /dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --only=dune-grid-howto make

Cheers,

Markus
--
'Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for
mathematics, the cultural world is one country' - David Hilbert