[dune-pdelab] Dune::UGGrid<2>::communicate() codim=1 requested

Alexander Schlaich schlaich at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Nov 8 10:22:32 CET 2011

Dear all,

I have a well-tested working finite element code for my problem using P1
elements provided by pdelab:
Dune::PDELab::P1LocalFiniteElementMap<ctype,Real,dim>
I'm using UG and this code runs fine in parallel, too.

When switching to higher order elements using
Dune::PDELab::Pk2DLocalFiniteElementMap<GV, ctype, Real, elementorder>
sequential runs behave as expected, but for the parallel case I get the
following error:

Dune reported error: NotImplemented
[communicate:/scratch/schlaich/dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/uggrid.hh:709]:
Dune::UGGrid<2>::communicate(): Only supported for codim=0 and
codim=dim(=2), but codim=1 was requested

Could you please give me a hint what exactly causes this problems and if
possible how to circumvent?

I use 2.1 svn snapshot of the core-modules and the corresponding pdelab
snapshot.

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Alex

Alexander Schlaich