[dune-pdelab] DiscreteGridFunction interface

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Wed Aug 8 10:10:53 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I'd like to get a new topic on the never ending
interface-discussion-list.

Why doesn't the DiscreteGridFunction allow the evaluation of
derivatives?

DiscreteGridFunction is based on the LocalFunctions which allow to
evaluate derivatives and tell till which order. If nobody comes up
with a good reason not to do it, I'd like to include such
functionality in the DiscreteGridFunction. I currently have the
problem, that I'd like to implement different kinds of error
functionals, some of them work require the gradient, some the function
itself and I would prefer not to expose this part to the user.

Prof. Dr. Christian Engwer
Institut für Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik der Universität Münster
Einsteinstrasse 62
48149 Münster

E-Mail	christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Telefon	+49 251 83-35067