[dune-pdelab] Nonoverlapping solver backend for implicit time-steppers

Jared Okiro jared.okiro at st.ovgu.de
Tue Oct 30 10:25:51 CET 2012

On 10/19/2012 10:15 PM, Christian Engwer wrote:
> UG provides a ghost layer, which should be sufficient for overlamming
> parallelization using DG methods, as they are cell-based.
>
> regarding the edge communication and UG you have to be more specific,
> as "but it doesn't work for me" is not sufficient for us to guess what
> the problem might be.
>
> Christian
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 06:27:56PM +0200, Jared Okiro wrote:
>> Dear PDELab Members,
>>
>> I am solving a reaction-diffusion system with more than two
>> equations in 2D using
>> Interior Penalty DG methods on UG grid. The sequential version works
>> well, but if I try the parallel
>> version, I get the error "missing edge communication". I saw
>> sometime that edge communication was
>> implemented in UG but it doesn't work for me.  The linear solver
>> fails from the first iteration.
>> I am still new to DUNE and in particular parallel implementation. I
>> am inquiring if there is any example
>> available for Nonoverlapping solvers with implicit time integrators
>> which I can refer to. If not, then I will appreciate any advice.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Kind regards,--
>>
>> Jared Ouma Okiro,
>> Institute for Analysis and Numerics,
>> Otto-von- Guericke Universität,
>> Universitätsplatz 02, Gebaude 02 / 115
>> 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
>> Office Tel: +493916712660
>> Fax:        +493916718073
>> Mobile:     +4917657479787
>> Home Tel:   +4939155917376

Dear Christian,
Thank you for the information. I decided to do a test case for a scalar
problem before parallelizing the system. Attached is the test case. In
this test case only one time step is solved and one can see that
it produces the wrong solution at the processor boundaries.
I would be grateful for any further assistance.
Thank you.