[dune-pdelab] Using Petsc with PDELab

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon Dec 15 22:19:10 CET 2014

Dear Samuel,

> I'm having a hard time trying to make Petsc-3.5.2 work with PDELab. Is there any tutorial showing how to install Petsc so it can be used with DUNE ?
> I've tried different version of Petsc but I always get these lines while installing PDELab :
>
>                 Checking for PETSc library... /home/.../petsc-3.5.2/include/petsc.h      yes
>                 Checking petsc.h usability...      no
>                 Checking petsc.h presence...     no
>                 Checking for petsc.h                     no
>                 Configure : WARNING : petsc.h not found in /home/.../petsc-3.5.2/include with -I/home/.../petsc-3.5.2/include
>                 Checking PETSc in /home/.../petsc-3.5.2... failed
>
> Thx for your help !

I'm sorry, but the petsc support is currently broken. In the last time
we had some major changes in pdelab and not all backends are
up-to-date.

Still your problem is a different one. To help you in your struggle
with the build-system we need the full config.log to see how the test
failed. Looking into config.log might also give you already enough
hints to fix the issue.

Ciao