[dune-pdelab] Using Petsc with PDELab

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Dec 16 14:42:35 CET 2014

Hi Samuel,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 09:39:41AM +0000, CERRITO Samuel EUROGICIEL INGENIERIE wrote:
> I fixed the issue and PDELab is now finding PETSc and its library.

It is great that you sorted out the problem on your own. Would you
care to mention what the actual problem was and how you solved it?
That will help us to improve the software, provide patches upstream,
and will help other users that might run into the same problem.

And to satisfy my curiosity: What is the main cause for you to use
PETSc? Is there something missing from dune-istl for you?

> My goal is to use PETSc with my own module, which is a finite volume
> module. Even if PETSc backend is broken in PDELab, can I still use
> the architecture and content of the makefiles in PDELab to make
> PETSc work with my own module ? Then I will have to develop my own
> backend...

You could contribute your work to dune-pdelab. Fixing the backend will
surely by highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858