[dune-pdelab] inerpolate function in PDELab

KUHN Xavier EUROGICIEL INGENIERIE Xavier.KUHN at cea.fr
Wed Jul 23 15:39:46 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am currently learning how to use PDELab to implement Navier-Stokes equations.

In navier-stokes folder of dune-pdelab-howto, interesting examples are already implemented but I do not understand how interpolate function works. When I run cgstokes_instat with LU2, pressure is initialized to 0 with ZeroScalarFunction and velocity to 0 with LU_Velocity. By directly changing these initial values in cgstokes_inital.hh file, it appears pressure gets the same value of the first component of the velocity. Could you help me to understand ?
I checked in the previous version of pdelab and initial functions were given to interpolate with  NavierStokesDirichletFunctionAdapterFactory (deleted in the new one) and GridFunctionSpace did not have the same structure. I did not encounter this problem. Do you think I should reuse this deleted class ?

PDELab 2.0.0
Dune core module 2.3.1

Thanks in advance for your help,

Xavier KUHN