[dune-pdelab] inerpolate function in PDELab

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 25 10:58:29 CEST 2014

Hi Xavier,

Am 23.07.2014 um 15:39 schrieb KUHN Xavier EUROGICIEL INGENIERIE <Xavier.KUHN at cea.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently learning how to use PDELab to implement Navier-Stokes equations.

great!

> In navier-stokes folder of dune-pdelab-howto, interesting examples are already implemented but I do not understand how interpolate function works. When I run cgstokes_instat with LU2, pressure is initialized to 0 with ZeroScalarFunction and velocity to 0 with LU_Velocity. By directly changing these initial values in cgstokes_inital.hh file, it appears pressure gets the same value of the first component of the velocity. Could you help me to understand ?
> I checked in the previous version of pdelab and initial functions were given to interpolate with  NavierStokesDirichletFunctionAdapterFactory (deleted in the new one) and GridFunctionSpace did not have the same structure. I did not encounter this problem. Do you think I should reuse this deleted class ?

This is strange - I can change velocity and pressure initial values individually without a problem. How exactly did you set the different
initial value?

Oh, and another question: What compiler are you using? We discovered a bug in PDELab that might bite you here if you are using
an older compiler.

Best
Steffen