[dune-pdelab] Adaptive Grid Refinement Algorithms

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon Jan 19 13:53:32 CET 2015

Hi,

> So, I was wondering, how exactly the two strategies 'element
> fraction'

you state that those N% of the elements with the largest error should
be refined; you always refine the same amount of elements

> and 'error fraction' differed. A quick google search did

you state that those elements where the error is below a certain
threshold, relative to the largest error, should be refined; in this
case the number of refined elements can differ dramatically.

Ciao
Christian