[dune-pdelab] Enquiry: testelasticity.cc

Nagesh Eranki nageswararao.160324 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 06:58:57 CEST 2018

Hello

Thank you for the response. To give you a better idea of what I am doing,
allow me to describe the problem:

A cantilever plate measuring 4cm x 4cm with thickness 0.1cm in fixed into
the wall along its left edge. We want to analyze the plane stress situation
(i.e, in the 4cmx4cm plane). The plate is made of steel and is loaded at
the top right corner by a force say P Newton.

Hence, we are interested in Txx, Tyy, Txy stresses and corresponding
strains and displacements.

I have looked at the function 'g' that you have mentioned; it seems that
this function assigns to the local variable 'y', no matter the coordinates.
However, I am interested in imposing Neumann conditions only at the end of
the plate. (Apart from the "Tip loading")

(The fig. is from "Finite Element Procedures By K.J Bathe)

Thanks

Nageswararao E.
​