[dune-pdelab] Enquiry: testelasticity.cc

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Sun Jun 3 09:04:35 CEST 2018

Hi Nagesh,

> I have looked at the function 'g' that you have mentioned; it seems that
> this function assigns to the local variable 'y', no matter the coordinates.
> However, I am interested in imposing Neumann conditions only at the end of
> the plate. (Apart from the "Tip loading")

No, the funktion g takes an entity and a local coordinate, so it can
return different values for each point. The main question is which
types of loads to consider in the Neumann boundary condition. If you
support arbitrary stresses this is a full tensor, but perhaps you are
fine with a prescribed traction, so that g only returns a vector?!

Depending on the formulation the return value of g changes and the
weak form changes.

So this is what needs to be answered first and then you can update the
implementation.

That said, we are happily accepting pathces to improve the current
implementation ;-)

Best