[Dune] --with-problem-dim and --with-world-dim

Andreas Dedner dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 28 14:35:08 CEST 2006

The situation with alberta is the following:
for the link command we need the right library - and yes
there is also an alberta32, only the corresponding dune impl.
has not yet been made.
The Alberta configure test at the moment writes
-lALBERTA$(DUNE_PROBLEM_DIM)$(DUNE_WORLD_DIM)_0
into the Makefile. This could be changed to
-lALBERTA$(ALBERTA_PROBLEM_DIM)$(ALBERTA_WORLD_DIM)_0
and it should be possible to change these values in the
Makefile.am so that no new configure is necessary if a different
grid dimension is to be used.

But: then dune_problem_dim and dune_world_dim have to be removed
from the config.h file - since they done make any sense. Does somebody
use them somewhere?
For Alberta these defines should be set not in config.h but in the
Makefile - like enable_mpi - then switching dimension is realy
simple...