[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-common r5021 - in trunk/doc: . devel doxygen

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Dec 6 14:03:02 CET 2007

Hello Markus, hello Christian,

I think you have to distinguish between the two things I changed.
First the WML thing. I fixed this because WML was check during configure
and an AM_CONDITIONAL for WML was set, but not consequently used in the
Makefiles. One should either make the configure fail if WML is not
installed or (like I fixed yesterday) use the WML variable to toggle a
missing WML. But then, using a svn checkout source tree, on some
parallel machines this test might fail.

The second change was the thing with disable-documentation. Before
yesterday one could build a distribution with the option
--disable-documentation and then would have problems with the resulting
distribution. This I fixed yesterday. Before yesterday one could
generate a distribution and everything is fine. Later the installation
of this distribution would fail. I think the error should occur then
during make dist. Anyway, as Andreas and I stated yesterday, it is very
useful to have the possibility to create tar balls without documentation.

The errors you get are due to the fact that the generated filename are
to long. I got this error before my changes. This can be switched of by
a special tar option.

And now to your mail before. I'm very sorry that the both of you had to
spend weeks to make this "work". The making distribution thing wasn't
working on any of our machines. And by the way, I didn't ruin anything,
because since the invention of revision control systems one can revert
such things.

Regards

Robert

--

  Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

  Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
  Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
  Universität Freiburg
  Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
  79104 Freiburg

  http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk