[Dune] The release

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 29 10:13:52 CEST 2007

Markus Blatt wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:43:48PM +0200, Christian Engwer wrote:
>

>>>284: For FieldVector<K,1> vector * scalar clashes with vector * vector
>>><http://hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/flyspray/?do=details&id=284>
>>>Christian: what's the status here?
>>>

>Does this mean that there exists a conversion from FieldVector<K,1> to
>K?
>
>While this seems convenient, it might provoke bugs as this feature is
>not there for FieldVectpr<K,n> n>1. I think we should think about
>removing the conversion in the future. Yes this means some more
>coding, but it is the cleaner and less error prone solution.
>
>But I think we can savely postpone this proposal to post 1.0
>
>Cheers,
>
>Markus

Yes, there is such a conversion.  In fact, I think this actually
the only feature that distinguishes the n=1 specialization from
the general case.

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *