[Dune] UGGrid in parallel

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 23 18:36:35 CEST 2007

Hi Dorian!
Nothing has really changed since I wrote the message you cite.
Parallel computations using UGGrid do not work except for a few
trivial test cases.   The reason is neither UG nor the Dune interface
but the UGGrid wrapper which is incomplete.  The issue never
ranked high enough on anybody's priority list.

I'd be more than happy if somebody came and worked on this.
It is pretty important after all.  Be warned though that you need
a fairly good knowledge of the UG internals.

This mailing list's language is intended to be English.

Good luck,
Oliver

Dorian Krause schrieb:
> Dear dune-developers/users,
>
> I would like to use Dune::UGGrid in parallel. On the project-homepage it
> is said that UGGrid doesn't support parallel computations yet. On this
> mailing-list I found some posts which say
> a) it is possible
> (http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2006-November/001965.html)
> and
> b) the interface is incomplete
> (http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2006-November/001964.html)
>
> Could you tell me about the current possibilities/limitations? Is the
> interface incomplete because of heavy problems or simply because of a
> lack of time (so that I could fix it by myself)?
>
> Btw, do you prefer any language on this mailinglist or do you have some
> "rule" whether to use german/english?
>
> Thanks for all answers.
>
> Best Regards,
> Dorian Krause

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *