[Dune] Problem with duneproject

Yufei Cao cao at ians.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 19 14:11:10 CEST 2008

I have tried --module option, but I still get the same error as before:

--- calling all for dune-try ---
--- calling autogen for dune-try ---
Skipping dune-autogen
--- calling configure for dune-try ---
ERROR: configure.[in|ac] found, but configure missing
did you forget to run autoconf?
--- Failed to build dune-try ---
Execution of dunecontrol terminated due to errors!

On Thursday 19 June 2008 13:59, you wrote:
> I think you should not have used --only option. then the dependent modules
> wont be setup. you should have used --module option.
>
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 01:27:41PM +0200, Yufei Cao wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Recently, I met with a problem of duneproject. Please see below.
> > Could anyone please tell me how to solve it? Thank you in advance!
> >
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > $./dune-common/bin/duneproject
> >
> > == Dune project/module generator ==
> >
> > duneproject will assist you in the creation of a new Dune application.
> > During this process a new directory with the name of your project will be
> > created. This directory will hold all configuration and Makefiles and a
> > simple example application.
> >
> > 1) Name of your new Project? (e.g.: dune-grid): dune-try
> > 2) Which modules should this module depend on?
> >    Following modules are found:
> >    dune-common dune-grid dune-grid-howto dune-istl dune-subgrid dune-disc
> >    Enter space separated list: dune-common dune-grid dune-istl dune-disc
> > 3) Project/Module version? 0.1
> > 4) Maintainers email address? yufei
> >
> > creating Project "dune-try", version 0.1
> > which depends on "dune-common dune-grid dune-istl dune-disc"
> > with maintainer "yufei"
> > Are these informations correct? [y/N] y
> >
> > A sample code dune-try.cc is generated in the "dune-try" directory.
> > Look at the README and dune.module files there.
> > Now you can run dunecontrol script which will setup the new module.
> > Sometimes you may have to tweak configure.ac a bit.

> > ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol  --only=dune-try all
> > --- going to build dune-try  ---
> > --- calling all for dune-try ---
> > --- calling autogen for dune-try ---
> > Skipping dune-autogen
> > --- calling configure for dune-try ---
> > ERROR: configure.[in|ac] found, but configure missing
> > did you forget to run autoconf?
> > --- Failed to build dune-try ---
> > Execution of dunecontrol terminated due to errors!
> >
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> >

> > Best regards,
> > Yufei
> >
> > --
> >------ Yufei Cao
> > Universit?t Stuttgart
> > Institut f?r Angewandte Analysis und Numerische Simulation
> > Lehrstuhl f?r Numerische Mathematik f?r H?chstleistungsrechner
> > Pfaffenwaldring 57
> > 70569 Stuttgart
> > Germany
> >
> > Tel.:  +49 (0)711 685-65558
> > Fax: ?+49 (0)711 685-65507
> >
> > Email: cao at ians.uni-stuttgart.de

Yufei Cao
Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Angewandte Analysis und Numerische Simulation
Lehrstuhl für Numerische Mathematik für Höchstleistungsrechner
Pfaffenwaldring 57
70569 Stuttgart
Germany

Tel.:  +49 (0)711 685-65558