[Dune] YaspGrid Entities of higher codim.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 3 13:44:19 CEST 2008

Hello Peter,

 > I think SGrid is so slow because it supports all codimensions for
 > *ANY* dimension and it is on the fly. I don't it is a particularly
 > dump implementation.

First of all, I don't want to offend anybody by claiming that SGrid is
slow and could be faster. The thing is that I really think SGrid could
be improved by implementing the IntersectionIterator as a proxy object
as done for ALUGrid and AlbertaGrid. This would avoid the unnecessary
copying of (in particular for SGrid) fat objects like the geometry
objects. The second thing is that for example in the method
jacobianInverseTransposed the flag builtinverse is set after the
calculation of the jacobian but it could be used to skip th hole
calculation. I guess one could find other thing like that we searching
for such things.

Best regards,

   Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

   Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
   Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
   Universität Freiburg
   Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
   79104 Freiburg

   http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk