[Dune] Release Update

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 5 20:44:15 CET 2009

Hi Oliver,

just a few comments on the bugs you think due in version 1.2:

- The 3d grid factory for ALUGrid still needs to have all boundary faces
inserted. While fixing this would be easy, the algorithm will be O( n log n ).
Maybe I can do this during the next week. It would still mean that the code is
pretty new for a release...

- The grid factory for ALUGrid is currently only implemented in 3d. The 2d grid
factory has yet to be implemented. I think this should be postponed to 1.3,
since nobody (including me) is willing to implement this right now.

- To test the problem between the ALUGrid factory and the Amiramesh reader I
would need this Amira stuff (I once tried that, but failed). Could you give me a
fool proof guide how to get the Amiramesh reader working with, e.g., UG?

- The level intersection iterator for AlbertaGrid will be back eventually. I
pretty much know what has to be done. Yet, it will take a lot of time and the
changes will also affect the leaf intersections. Could we agree on having this
implemented in 1.3?

As we want to use the release for the DUNE course at the end of march, time is a
bit pressing. For the sake of stability, I think we should avoid making further
changes that potentially break anything. I'm not even feeling too well on
touching the ALUGrid factory again, as it is used in the DGF parser for ALUGrid.

Maybe we could hear some more opinions on this...

Yours,

Martin

--
Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5642
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany