[Dune] The next Dune developer meeting

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 2 15:13:15 CEST 2009

Hi Bernd!
I also think that a Dune user meeting may be a good idea.  The
reason why I hesitate to propose such a thing is that I am not
sure how much interest there is out there.  I wouldn't like to
organize such a meeting and then not have any attendance.

Ideally, such a meeting could come from the user community
itself, without direct intervention of the developers (you can read
this as a hint if you like, but you don't have to :-) )  I am sure
developers would attend a community-organized user meeting.

Let me close by making clear we welcome interested users at
the developer meetings, like the one next months.

Yours,
Oliver

Bernd Flemisch schrieb:
> Dear Dune,
>
> I think the thought appeared already previously on this list, maybe you
> can discuss it on your developer meeting: What about an official Dune
> user meeting?
>
> I think that it would be great for the users to get personally in touch
> with other users and with the developers. And it should be very
> interesting for the developers, too.
>
> Of course, I would be happy to assist you in organizing such a meeting.
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *