[Dune] The next Dune developer meeting

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Oct 2 16:21:33 CEST 2009

Dear Dune,

I created a doodle poll to find out how much interest for a Dune user
meeting actually is out there.

So please, Dune users (and I guess that 100% of the developers are also
users), participate at
http://www.doodle.com/vzx9zbnz7aup8485

I will keep it open until Friday, 9.10.

Kind regards
Bernd

> Hi Bernd!
> I also think that a Dune user meeting may be a good idea.  The
> reason why I hesitate to propose such a thing is that I am not
> sure how much interest there is out there.  I wouldn't like to
> organize such a meeting and then not have any attendance.
>
> Ideally, such a meeting could come from the user community
> itself, without direct intervention of the developers (you can read
> this as a hint if you like, but you don't have to :-) )  I am sure
> developers would attend a community-organized user meeting.
>
> Let me close by making clear we welcome interested users at
> the developer meetings, like the one next months.
>
> Yours,
> Oliver
>
> Bernd Flemisch schrieb:
>> Dear Dune,
>>
>> I think the thought appeared already previously on this list, maybe you
>> can discuss it on your developer meeting: What about an official Dune
>> user meeting?
>>
>> I think that it would be great for the users to get personally in touch
>> with other users and with the developers. And it should be very
>> interesting for the developers, too.
>>
>> Of course, I would be happy to assist you in organizing such a meeting.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Bernd

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de