[Dune] Creating an ALUCubeGrid from a DGF file

Sven Marnach sven at pantoffel-wg.de
Mon Jun 14 13:33:38 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your quick answer.

Andreas Dedner schrieb am Mo, 14. Jun 2010, um 13:03:34 +0200:
> The problem is difficult to analyze without the dgf file. The
> difficulty is in the Macrogrid builder from alu where he apparently
> some entity 1 was not attached to two codim 0 entities or one codim
> zero entity and one boundary segment. Either the grid is not conform
> (which macro grids for alu have to be)

this information already helped a lot.  I had to alter the "map" line
of my "Cube" block -- unfortunately, the documentation does not say
what exactly this line has to look like.  Now I get the following
error:

/home/sven/dune/grid/dune/grid/alugrid/3d/faceutility_imp.cc:57: void Dune::ALU3dGridFaceInfo<type>::updateFaceInfo(const typename Dune::ALU3dImplTraits<type>::GEOFaceType&, int, int) [with Dune::ALU3dGridElementType type = hexa]: Assertion `outerElement_->isRealObject()' failed.

> or some boundary segment was missing. DGF should generate all
> missing boundary segments...

So I do not need a BoundarySegment block at all?  I will try this as
well.

> Perhaps you can email the dgf file to me?

I will do this if I do not figure out the mistake shortly.

Greetings,
    Sven