[Dune] [DUNE] "config.h" in DUNE tutorials

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 26 11:09:00 CET 2010

Hi Oleh!
Happy to hear you are trying Dune.  I think what you describe is a bug
in your IDE.
The config.h that's being used to build your project is the one from the
module
that your project is in, and if eclipse doesn't recognize that it's not
really the fault
of Dune.

I don't really know of anybody who uses a big IDE for working with Dune,
therefore
I cannot really give any recommendations.  Maybe someone else on the
list knows
more?

best,
Oliver

Am 26.11.2010 10:56, schrieb Oleh Krehel:
> Hi,
>
> I'm almost finished with grid-howto tutorial, and one of the confusing
> things that I have found
> is when I type
> #include "config.h"
> my IDE( eclipse ) thinks that it's the <dune-common/config.h>, and
> that's what I thought for few days,
> when actually it's "../config.h" that's being used by IDE to build the
> project.
> This causes confusion, because blocks like
> #if HAVE_ALBERTA
> #endif
> are greyed out when including "config.h".
> I will use #include "../config.h" from now on, and I suggest that it
> should be also clarified in the tutorials.
>
> On another matter, what IDE would you recommend/ are using with DUNE?
> I'm especially interested in code completion feature, since eclipse
> doesn't seem to fully support it for DUNE.
>
> best regards,
> Oleh

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *